What We're Reading August 2019Submitted by InFocus Financial Advisors, Inc. on August 29th, 2019
- Understanding Social Security Acronyms - https://blog.ssa.gov/social-security-terms-in-plain-language/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
A nice simple blog from the Social Security Administration on frequently used Social Security acronyms. The Social Security website is a great resource to learn more about your benefits.
- What valuations tell us about factor investing - https://www.msci.com/www/blog-posts/what-valuations-tell-us-and-don/0449669323
A nice piece that is a little technical but illustrates how we look at factor investing and what matters about implementing them into a portfolio.
- The time is right to de-risk your retirement portfolio - https://www.morningstar.com/articles/942676/the-time-is-right-to-de-risk-your-retirement-portfolio
From Morningstar writer Christine Benz, a nice piece for those close to or retired and considerations for de-risking your portfolio.
- Why does the yield-curve predict recessions - https://www.chicagofed.org/publications/chicago-fed-letter/2018/404
From the Chicago Federal Reserve, a brief explainer on what the yield curve is, why its important and maybe most importantly how or why does it predict recessions?
- The Fate of the worlds largest ETF is tied to 11 random millennials - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-09/meet-the-spy-11-kids-with-250-billion-riding-on-their-lives
Fun article from Bloomberg about how the largest ETF in the world was set up. Interestingly enough, the duration of the ETF is based on the lives of 11 unknowing children at the time.