Mr. Johnston is President of InFocus Financial Advisors, Inc. in Salisbury, MD. He has been a financial adviser to individuals and families on the Eastern Shore of Maryland since 1993. His mission is to provide the solutions that will help accomplish their financial goals of the families with whom he works. His clear focus is getting his clients started off prudently in retirement by providing in-depth, well thought out advice on retirement planning, social security strategies, Medicare advice, etc.. He offers free initial, no obligation, consultations. Some of the goals he has helped people pursue are retirement preparation, increasing social security income, proper retirement budgeting, avoiding loss of assets to long-term care costs, improving an investment strategy, and reducing estate tax on a large estate.
Eric is a Certified Financial Planner®. The CFP® mark identifies those individuals who have met the rigorous experience and ethical requirements of the CFP Board, have successfully completed financial planning coursework and have passed the CFP® Certification Examination covering the following areas: the financial planning process, risk management, investments, tax planning and management, retirement and employee benefits, and estate planning.
Eric is active in giving back to the local community.
- Eric is a current instructor at the Delaware Financial Literacy Institute, and for the State of Maryland Pre-Retirement Program over the last six years.
- Eric is the current President of the Professional Partners of the Eastern Shore, a group that promotes financial advisors, attorneys, and CPA’s working together for clients.
- Eric serves as College Liaison on the board of the Eastern Shore Society of Human Resource Management.
- He is a past member of the board of the Lower Shore Estate Planning Council and Delmarva Zoological Society.
- He is Past President and a Founding Father of The Delmarva Planned Giving Council.
- He is a Past President of the Art Institute and Gallery where he oversaw a board of seventeen and four paid staff.
- He has served on the board of the Friends of the Salisbury Zoo.
- Mr. Johnston is a past President of The Salisbury Junior Chamber of Commerce where he earned the Dean C. Patton Speaker of the Year Award. The Jaycees ran over 30 projects a year, had 168 members and a board of directors of eighteen.
- Eric is also active in his church serving on its Finance Council and assisting the Parish with their website design and communications. He is a member of the Knights of Columbus.
- He has served on various committees in the Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce and speaks regularly at public events.
- Above and beyond his business and volunteering, Eric was also an Adjunct Professor and has taught Finance 446 Retirement Planning at Salisbury University's The Perdue School of Business.
Eric, his wife Heather, and four children currently reside in Salisbury, MD.