55+ Body Mind Spirit InFocus
Resources for Healthy Living:
- Salisbury MD -- MAC Inc. Richard Henson Wellness Center at The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Building - Excercise and Fitness Classes are every month designed for the 50+ adult. Classes include Circuit Training, Chair Yoga, Tai Chi for Better Balance, Stepping On, Foam Rolling, Stretching and Personal Training. For more info click here: www.macinc.org or call 410-742-0505
- Georgetown and Lower DE -- CHEER Centers In Georgetown, during the day, members can enjoy a variety of activities including exercise programs, Tai Chi, Yoga, Zumba, Wii™ games, Mah Jong, support groups, craft classes, health seminars, concerts, games, educational and cultural trips, bingo, and much, much more. Activities vary at Centers. See calendar for schedule of events and activities. Annual Membership is a low fee. For more info: http://www.cheerde.com/georgetown
- Salisbury MD -- Institute for Retired Persons at Salisbury University -- Designed for adults aged 50 and above, the IRP offers programs to enlighten, educate and offer better understanding of our world. The IRP meets at SU'S Guerrieri University Center at 2 p.m. Tuesdays during the University's spring and fall semesters. http://www.salisbury.edu/irp/
- Internet -- TED Talks Watch fascinating presentations on everything from staying younger, new medical techonolgy to exploring our vast oceans and motivating employees in a small company. Keep Your Mind Sharp! www.ted.com
- Book -- "Younger Next Year" This was recommended by a friend of mine. He admittedly said "It is a bit corny at times but I found it a good primer about looking ahead to our “Golden Years” with a prescription for keeping them Golden" That sounded like a great read to me -- and it really is. Click here for more info.
- Happy Timers Program - Wicomico Parks and Rec do wonderful programs for ages 50 years or older. From Chess Tournaments, to line dancing, exercise, bridge and parties. Dues are around $60/year. Can't beat that. Quite a few clients give this program the thumbs up! Click here more info.